Sunday 3 June 2012

One goodbye drink too many

The good thing about leaving, is you have an excuse to drink as much as you want. Even better than that, most drinks are paid by your friends, who are so sorry to see you go that they will do all there is in their power to make you totally and utterly shit-faced, so that the last image they have of you, is  you hugging the toilet. Glitter and all.
My friends succeeded. By the end of the evening my toilet had become my inseparable friend. A friend I could not be away from.
I had my "goodbye leaving do" at my local pub. There were many smiley faces, some tears, a lot of love and a LOT (and I mean A LOT) of gin. Gin is my favourite. It makes people look beautiful and funny. It makes conversations very interesting. It's not love that makes the world go round, it's gin!
So during the first few hours it all went well. I talked and made sense. Towards the end of the night the Pauls become Katies, the faces become blurred, I was telling everyone I loved them (including the random big boobed lady met in the toilet) and I felt a little unstable on my platform shoes. But everyone looked stunning!
Next thing I remember I'm laying on my kitchen floor, aware of who I was, but convinced I was on Jupiter.(I saw lots of stars around me!).
 A very kind friend threw a blanket on me, like you would do when you see a homeless in the street and took pity on him. No one threw money, though, which is a result in itself. I have no recollection of reaching my bed, but I do remember wondering if there are any pillows on Jupiter, since mine was nowhere to be found.
The morning after my goodbye drinks I felt as if I had spent the night fighting with an angry bull in a Spanish arena (and the bull won). I wondered the usual: "did I do or say something really stupid?!"; "did I keep my clothes on?!"; "did I demand to touch the boobies of the random lady I met in the toilet?!"; "did someone post Facebook any pictures of my puking my undigested pork chop in the toilet?!".
 I think it went well. I woke up to a lovely note left under my pillow: "You are my favourite person in the world and I love you". I woke up with the worse hangover ever, but I also woke up to a line of goodbye cards left on my bed side table. After reading them I realized tht even if I had demanded to touch someone's boobs, even if I did say something stupid, my friends would still love me. Their love makes me invincible. I'm ready for everything! Even ready to fight with an angry bull..... Just give me a couple of minutes though..... I think I might be sick......

1 comment:

  1. What's happening what's happening what's happening?! Have you taken off yet? Can't wait for the next post! Chris

    ReplyDelete