Thursday 7 June 2012

Obstacle numero uno

The Bolivian airline which should have taken me to my final destination went bankrupt. As much as I worry for the Bolivian employees left without a job, my main concern now is how to get from Santa Cruz to Sucre.
 In fact, let me be honest. I absolutely don't give a shit about all the employees left without a job. I worry about myself. Somehow the cancelled 30 minutes flight translates into an 18 hours bus ride.
After a quick but intense last minute research I found out that more often than not, bus drivers are drunk, the roads are atrociously dangerous and buses have no toilet but plenty of drafts. I can deal with drunk drivers and I could try to hold my pee for 18 hours but I don't deal very well with drafts. I explained the situation to the Sucre hostel, since I might arrive one day late. I told them I might come by bus. Their reply? "oh.good luck".
 Gracias,seƱor.

No comments:

Post a Comment